16 november 2010

"Origami paper"...

On an origami blog that I visited recently I found an idea for a "box of flowers" that she gave someone as a present. I loved that! So I decided to make a "bag-o-butterflies" for a friend in need... I didn't use regular origami paper. Why, you ask?

Some time ago I asked a Chinese friend for some old newspapers. They were Dutch-Chinese newspapers, illegible for anyone who does not speak Chinese, but I love the characters and the colors that they use. I had already thought of making butterflies out of Chinese newspapers and today was the day!!! I cut them up into 15 by 15 cm squares, don't they just look yummy???

Photobucket
Photobucket

I folded them into the butterflies that you saw earlier on my blog... That wasn't really easy because newspaper isn't the kind of paper that folds wel... And your fingers get really stained, even though I ironed the papers first.

Anyway, this is what the butterflies looked like when finished!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 opmerkingen:

  1. ooooh, wat zijn ze mooi! en dat Chinese papier…. mjummie! Al die karakters zijn net kleine kunstwerkjes op zich!

    Ga je nu ook een doos vouwen om ze in te doen? :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen