15 november 2010

Cheerful little birdies

Last night I couldn't fall asleep. I was awake until one, just because there was so much in my head that I wanted to make, that I could not shut my brain down long enough to drift off. And this afternoon, when the dynamic duo were taking their nap, I started one of them.

I wanted to make birds that you could cut out of one sheet of paper, and then fold so that you get the feel of a 3D bird. It took me some prototyping to get the right shape and place the wings so that they would look nice.

Then I took some pink and yellow origami paper, and some buttons, and off I went! The munchkin has already called dibs, she wants the birds to fly in her room!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een schattige vogeltjes! Ook goed plan voor in kerstboom!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ja inderdaad! Had ik nog helemaal niet aan gedacht! Wat een goed idee van je! Thanks!

    Zal ik eens kijken of ik de knipmal eens kan uploaden... Geen idee hoe ik dat moet doen, maar zou wel leuk zijn, toch?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. it's perfect! you should make more :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I could make you some for your nursery...?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. bellisimos, te visito desde Guadalajara, Jalisco, México

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen